"Very satisfactory care and treatment"

About: Peterborough City Hospital

I cannot speak too highly of the care, respect and treatment I received during my stay at the the PCH.+ I was referred for same day admission by my GP for a very painful complaint. I found the A & E staff sympathetic to my needs, very gentle when handling a very swollen knee and leg and caring in every aspect..

The ward staff were equally caring and, although very busy that night, produced a sand wich for me at midnight!

As my illnesses covered both medical - chest,abdomen - and orthopaedic problems, -knee, - I was visited by a constant stream of caring professional and semi professional staff for the first two days and thereafter as needs be. At no time was I pressured to receive or reject treatment and as far as I am concerned from the minute I entered the hospial to the minute I left, I was treated with respect, courtesy, dignity and care.

Response from Lesley Crosby, Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your kind comments about our services. I will ensure these comments are passed onto the relevant staff. Thank you for taking the time to feedback to us and I hope that you now begining to feel better.

Response from Peterborough City Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to make these positive comments about your experience at Peterborough City Hospital, we will ensure they are passed on to the relevant staff and department.

We take all comments from patients and visitors seriously and strive to ensure that we use them to continuously improve patient experiences.