"Lack of cars"

About: Peterborough City Hospital

My grand daughter was admitted to short stay a/e. the attitude of the nurses was appalling. They spoke to you with an attitude, didn't answer any questions. The senior nurse was even worse, shouting they had 40 wards to deal with. Perhaps they needed help or another job. The buzzer wasn't answered when a commode was needed. She has had a fall bruising her knees , after being left on the edge of the bed,( she can't stand . Walk. Or weight bear. Visiting times despite the fact I am a carer and several miles to reach there. I had 15 minutes to visit with going ballistic at 8 if you hadn't left soon enough. No compassion . Stroppy nurse who begrudge doing the job.

Response from Lesley Crosby, Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

I am so sorry to hear that you and your grand daughter have had such a bad experience. I am keen to understand more about the problems you experienced particularly in relation to the attitude of the nurses to see if we can prevent other patients from experiencing the same problems. With that in mind if you would like to email me with more details I can be contacted at lesley. crosby@pbh-tr. nhs. uk or you can telephone me on (01733) 677922.