"Abdominal pain."

About: George Eliot Hospital

I was admitted to A+E with severe abdominal pain with sickness, im also IDDM of 33 years and had ketones. The service i recieved and still am has been magnificant, i was imediately put on fluids and a sliding insulin scale to control my sugars. I was put on a surgical ward for investigations, Within 3 days i had various blood tests, an ultresound scan and a MRI scan, I was discharged after 6 days. The scans had ruled out, kidney stones, gall bladder stones, apendicitis, and a kidney infection. I was given an out patients appointment for a month later. Since my discharge i had been extremely unwell again and informed the doctor at my next consultation. They immediately took more blood tests, reouested an urgent CT scan (which i got within the week) and am having an edoscopy next week so they can take a stomach biopsy. I am extremely pleased with the thorough tests they are doing to find out the cause of my abdominal pain, and the fact ive had three scans and an endoscopy in about 6 weeks.

Response from George Eliot Hospital

Thank you for the very positive comments about your care and I hope that this experience continues and that you are now feeling much better. It was very kind of you to take the time to pass on your views and staff are always pleased to receive these. While we try to learn from poor reviews it is always good to hear when all went well.