"A&E and Stroke Unit"

About: Epsom Hospital

I just wanted to give praise where due. My mother was taken to A&E this week following a stroke and I was just so impressed with the professionalism, kindness and care that we have all recieved from the staff at Epsom hospital both in a&E and the Stroke Unit. I could not fault a thing and I just wanted you to know that you are doing a really first-class job and it is greatly appreciated by us all.

Response from Epsom Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to let us have feedback about the care your mother received at Epsom Hospital.

I am sorry to hear that your mother needed the care of the Epsom Hospital stroke and A&E teams and hope she is recovering well.

Stroke is a very serious medical condition and has a massive impact on patients, as well as their friends and family.

We have invested heavily in stroke services at Epsom Hospital in recent years, employing new and additional doctors, nurses and other staff and running more clinics. We're also using new technology and drugs.

As a result, Epsom Hospital's stroke services are now amongst the best in the country and your feedback helps to emphasise that.

Moreover, I am pleased to hear that the service we provided was delivered with kindness and care. This is the standard I would expect and it's good to know we have done just that for your mother, as well as you and your family.

Thank you again for your comments. I have shared them with the teams involved.

Pippa Hart