"General use of the hospital"

About: King's College Hospital (Denmark Hill)

I have been with the Endocrinology team for over 10 years now and along the way have had experience of several departments, e.g. Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Neurology and most recently Dermatology.

I have always been impressed with how staff listen to me (generally - a couple of slips over the years!) and treat me as an expert in my own condition. I generally do not feel patronised and am confident that even senior medical staff will listen to my opinions and work with me. I am awaiting surgery now and as this will be the first time I will have ever stayed in a Hospital, my anxiety is alleviated by the experiences I have had so far.

Recently I have experienced the very pleasant atmosphere in the Dermatology department where I had a small biopsy. Again I was treated with great consideration and respect.

I am very glad that KCH is my local hospital and have great faith in the staff there. I just wanted to say thank you.

Response from Cathy Varley, PALS Manager, King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for sharing your experiences over a prolonged period in a number of specialties. It is gratifying to hear that staff have fully involved you in care decisions, respecting your knowledge and expertise in the management of her health condition. We hope that your forthcoming inpatient admission, surgery and recovery will also be a positive experience.

Response from King's College Hospital (Denmark Hill)

Thank you very much for your comments and offering reassurance that staff have respected your knowledge about your condition and involved you in treatment decisions in specialist areas acros the Trust. Regards, Cathy Varley Patient Advice and Liaison Manager 0203 299 4826 cathy.varley@nhs.net