"Fracture Clinic Southend Hospital"

About: Southend Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

Spiral Fracture of distal fibula.

I was given several appointments X Rays and MRI Scan over a six month period. Sometimes the clinic was very busy and waiting times were up to 1 hour late. I expected this in a busy clinic.

Staff were respectful at all appointments I had. I was seen by the orthopaedic surgeon 3 times and other doctors. The operation was excellent and I can't thank the surgeon enough.

Response from Steve McEwen, Patient Experience Lead, Patient Liaison, Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Dear "paulzone",

Many thanks for your comments. I am pleased that you have been treated well by the staff in the fracture clinic though I do appreciate that sometimes there can be a wait to be seen. Sometimes it is difficult to gauge how long each patient is going to take to see as each case is different. I would like to thank you for your patience and understanding for the delays and I would like to reassure you that every effort is made to keep things moving as smoothly as possible.

I will be passing your comments to the teams involved and I would like to thank you once again for your feedback.

Steve