"GP to consultant only took two and a half weeks"

About: Derriford Hospital Tamar Referral & Appointments Centre

I have been pleased with both the level of care provided by my GP, at Laeinceston medical centre and the assistance provided by the Tamer Referral and appointment centre. The combination of their efforts led to a speedy appointment at the Lumbar Spine outpatients department at Derriford Hospital, Plymouth, where I also received good care and advice. The whole process, from visiting my GP to seeing the consultant only took about 2 1/2 weeks. I’m impressed!

Response from Mary Anderson, Senior Quality Facilitator, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Good morning

I was so pleased to hear that you had such a smooth referral process from seeing your GP, referral via the Tamar Referral team to your Consultant.

I will ensure that the Lumbar Spine team is made aware that you have been impressed with the level of efficiency and care you have received from the outset.

Wishing you well.

Response from Gemma Smith, Tamar Referral & Appointments Centre (TRAC)

Dear ‘Built859’

Thank you for your very kind comments about the team and the TRAC service. The short amount of time between your GP referring you and TRAC contacting you to make an appointment is a really good of example of how the service works well for our patients. I hope the remainder of your care was as positive.

Kind Regards