"Completely Disorganized"

About: Broomfield Hospital

I was admitted to A&E because of a broken wrist, I was seen to promptly which I was fairly satisfied with. The next day I was admitted to the trauma ward to have pins placed into my arm in order for them to repair. Over the next five days I fasted everyone of these days for hope of having surgery each day. But due to staff disorganization and problems with the NHS system many things including myself not being on the list for surgery, I failed to proceed with the operation. Turns out I was not meant to be in the ward I was which wasted five days of my time and using up space that could have been used for more important purposes. Eventually I was moved to the correct ward and finally seen to but I was in hospital for much longer than I needed to be. I feel like the hospital should look into utilization themselves a lot better in order to become more efficient.

Response from Jonathan Wright, Patient Experience & Voluntary Services Manager, Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust

Very pleased to read that you were satisfied with the initial treatment after breaking your wrist however it is unacceptable that you were admitted and waited over five days before the operation to put pins into your arm was carried out. I would appreciate it if you could contact me so that we can ascertain why you were kept waiting for so long and try to ensure this kind of wait does happen again for other people that use our services.

Regards

Jonathan Wright

jonathan.wright@meht.nhs.uk 01245 514577

Response from Broomfield Hospital

Very pleased to read that you were satisfied with the initial treatment after breaking your wrist however it is unacceptable that you were admitted and waited over five days before the operation to put pins into your arm was carried out. I would appreciate it that you could contact me so that we can ascertain why you were kept waiting for so long and try to ensure this kind of wait does happen again for other people that use our services.

Regards