"my experience at the A & E"

About: East Surrey Hospital

paramedics turned up when ambulance was called who administered gas and air, hospital sent me home at 5am, with no follow on pain killers by ambulance, i was in total pain and found the staff to be so uncaring. when someone is in so much pain and feeling so vulnerable it seems unhuman to not show any regard or help. it was a very traumatising experience and i dread having to ever return to hospital. the hospital sent me home at 5am, with only one pain killer, by ambulance. even the ambulance staff was amazed that i had been sent home so early. i was seen by a junior doctor and no registrar.

Response from Eloise Clarke, Communications Manager, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Hello and thank you for sharing your experience. I am sorry that your experience didn't meet your expectations. I hope that you are feeling better now and that you are no longer in pain. If your symptoms persist, I would suggest you contact your GP for further advice.

If you would like to take your complaint further about the service you received in the hospital's Emergency Department, please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison team (PALs) on pals@sash.nhs.uk. Thank you and I wish you well. Eloise Clarke.