"They calmed my fear of my hip operation"

About: Wrightington Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

I want to say I went to Wrightington Hospital for my hip replacement, and was welcomed with open arms, from staff and consultants.

I could not believe how kind they were, knowing how scared I was of having a major operation, but they came to see me and talk things through, and calm me down just before the operation.

And even before I came home they sat with me and talked about the operation and how well it went.

Now I am free from pain and driving and wishing it was over as I need my other hip replacing. I would highly recommend the hospital to everybody. The best hospital in the north west, highly recommended.

Thank you Wrightington for all your care and patience with me.

Response from Susan Heighway, Patient Relations / PALS Manager , Patient Relations / PALS, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for posting your comments following your recent hip operation at Wrightington Hospital.

Your kind and positive comments have been shared with the Director of Performance and the Head of Nursing for Specialist Services who will cascade this to the staff concerned. It is always appreciated when someone takes the time to let us know of their experience.

May I also take this opportunity to extend the best wishes of the Trust for your continued recovery.