"Dermatology experience"

About: Royal Shrewsbury Hospital / Dermatology Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS)

I went to the dermatology clinic at Donnington telford. There they took a leison from my chin, this was confirmed as a basel cell carcinoma. I went back and they explained I would have to go to Shrewsberry and have it all removed and my skin stitched. I am currently waiting for an appointment for this to happen.

Response from Helen Handy, TRAQS & CAB Co-Ordinator, Telford and Wrekin CCG

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your recent referral to the dermatology service at Donnington Dermatology Clinic.

It is good to hear that your basal cell carcinoma has been diagnosed and that you are now receiving the appropriate treatment.

Unfortunately the consultants at Donnington are not able to perform all procedures but as you have stated if it is necessary further treatment is undergone at RSH where they have the appropriate equipment.

Donnington Dermatology Clinic provides a valuable service to ensure that patients are seen much quicker than they would be if they were to choose to wait for an appointment at a hospital.

I hope that you receive an appointment shortly for RSH to enable you to proceed to the next stage of your treament.

Many thanks for commenting on your experience via TRAQS.

Response from Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your feedback about your care. We hope that everything went according to plan after your posted this.