"Reassuring and helpful service"

About: Harmoni / NHS 111 St George's Hospital (Tooting) / Urology

I had a bladder infection that wasn't getting better.

I called the "Out of Hours" service. They asked me a series of thorough questions to help them suggest best scenario. After discussing symptoms with operator she told me to visit the OOH at St Georges Hospital SW17.

I was very glad I did as I had blood in my urine and a bacterial infection that was only going to get better with antibiotics which I started the same day. I've only good things to say about the service I received from the helpline operator, very reassuring and helpful.

I had a long wait at St. Georges, this was what I expected, that could've been better, trouble with getting my appointment time sorted, we arrived a few minutes early and I think the staff member booking patients in forgot that I was there.

Thankyou.

Response from St George's Healthcare NHS Trust

Thank you very much for taking the time to post feedback about your recent experience at St George’s Hospital. Your kind comments will be passed onto the NHS 111 team and your comments about your waiting time will be passed onto the emergency department.

Response from NHS 111 Service Director, Harmoni

Thank you for your feedback on the NHS 111 service that we provide. We are really pleased to hear that you had a positive experience with our service and found the helpline operator reassuring and helpful. We are sorry that you had to wait longer than you expected to see a Doctor at the Out of Hours Service based in St Georges. We have passed your feedback on to our Operational Director.

Thank you again for using the Patient Opinion website to provide feedback on our services.