"A good service from A &E"

About: Inverclyde Royal Hospital / Accident & Emergency

I attended A & E a few days ago with my 90yr old father. He became unwell within the hospital when my mother was having tests.

Many thanks to Dr Ewan, who in the space of about 2 and a half hours had done ECG, X ray, bloods and obtained old notes, treated and discharged home.

Many thanks, staff were obviously run off their feet but remained good humoured, thanks Dr Ewan!

Response from Paul Cannon, Head of Administration, Acute Services Division, Greater Glasgow & Clyde NHS

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to provide your very kind feedback.

I will ensure that this is passed on to those involved and I am sure that they will be very pleased to read your comments.

I am sorry that this posting was not acknowledged at the time, we had a break in our use of Patient Opinion, but we have now resumed doing so, and I thought it was still important to acknowledge your posting and where appropriate to pass comments on.

Once again, thank you for using the Patient Opinion feedback system, it is greatly appreciated.

I know Dr Ewan and the staff who cared for your father at Inverclyde Royal will be delighted to read your very thoughtful remarks.