"terrible"

About: Pilgrim Hospital

II've been on ward 5b now for 9 days and they still don't know what's wrong with me but also are quite happy for me to go home even tho I'm in awful pain . The staff and doctors treat me like I'm dirt I asked to see a different doctor as mine is useless and was told I'd have to go back to my gp to be re refferd back in to be able to see a diff doc what a load off rubbish ! I will never ever come back here !

Claire - I am so sorry for your experience. The staff on 5B will be really disappointed on hearing your story when I pass this onto them.

If you feel able to, please can you get in touch with me directly at my e-mail: jennie.negus@ulh.nhs.uk as I would like to be able to help you further but may need a little more detail. With sincere apologies.

Dear Claire, thank you again for taking the time to leave us your feedback and I am sorry that you had a difficult time during your recent stay on ward 5B.

I have spoken to the nursing and medical staff and they have explained how they tried to help you including seeing 3 different consultants and trying to sort out your medications. The staff are really sorry that you felt they were not helping you and were in fact upset by your description of how you feel you were treated.

Response from Pilgrim Hospital

difficult time during your recent stay on ward 5B. I have spoken to the nursing and medical staff and they have explained how they tried to help you

including seeing 3 different consultants and trying to sort out your medications. The staff are really sorry that you felt they were not helping you and were in fact upset by your description of how you feel you were treated. Please accept our apologies and the assurance that we strive at all times to provide individualised high standards of care.