"Wishes ignored"

About: William Harvey Hospital

I live in Maidstone, my husband was taken to William Harvey Hospital by 3 wonderful paramedics on Nov 10th 2012. He was attended to in A & E by excellent staff which I have not had the oppurtunity to praise .They could not save him, we were told what he had died of but the next day everything went wrong. He had donated his body to LSECA. for medical research but his wishes were scuppered by the Coroner taking it to post- mortem. The results, natural causes and exactly what we had been told as a family at the hospital..

I do hope some of the staff who attended him read this. My praise did not go to them as my anger at these events took over. The law it may be but in my opinion very very wrong.

Response from William Harvey Hospital

We would like to thank you for your kind feedback at this difficult time for you and your family, and would like to offer our sincere condolences. We are sorry to hear that due to undue circumstances your late husbands wishes could not be followed. Your comments will be fedback to all of the staff involved and they will be made aware of your comments.