"Excellent care in A+E,CDU and Dorrell ward THANK..."

About: Royal Berkshire Hospital

The quick, efficient care in A+E was reassuring, and I was seen by the doctor and two consultants within 15 mins, put on i.v. antibiotics within 10 mins then Xrayed, before being moved to CDU for a couple of hours where I received very good, calm, informative care from all staff.

I spent three days in Dorrell ward ( ENT) where again I received reassuring, calm, informative, professional care at all times from all nurses and the doctors. The food and choice was excellent too - something I was not expecting! The ward was kept spotlessly clean, by staff who were a delight to chat with ( although they did not start the conversations!).

As much as I wouldn't like to have to go in to hospital again, I would certainly highly recommend RBH as a hospital that seems to strive to look after you.

Response from Royal Berkshire Hospital

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your recent visit to A&E and stay on Dorrell Ward - your comments have been forwarded to the staff concerned. We strive to ensure that patients are seen in a timely manner and by appropriate clinicians in A&E to ensure effective and timely management and it is also reassuring to know that we are providing a clean and caring environment for our patients on the wards. We are glad to hear that you had an all round positive experience and we do hope you are recovering well.