"Lifts"

About: Pilgrim Hospital

Collecting a friend from the Hospital today after cataract operation, 15 minutes waiting to get to second floor to see how patient was getting on, he had operation and waiting to see Doctor and receive drops, so went down to main entrance to wait awhile took another ten minutes to get a lift down, ten more minutes to get back up and collect patient , the we had twenty minutes wait tog et a lift back down, this was very distressing and not good to see patients in beds waiting to get into lifts obviously very poorly and should not be put in that position.

Should a lift be set aside just to move patients around the hospital.

Something needs to be sorted re- lifts in the end two of four lifts were not operating, visiting hours chaos with visitors waiting ages to get to wards on all floors.

I have passed your feedback to our facilities team to see if there were any issues recently and I hope to post an update to you soon.

Response from Pilgrim Hospital

I am really sorry about your experience with the lifts at Pilgrim Hospital and can understand your distress and annoyance. In fact the lifts are designed to enable an override for patients being transported between floors and departments and I am unsure as to why this was not in use on the day you were there. I have passed your feedback to our facilities team to see if there were any issues recently. Thank you again.