"It was the fastest, most efficient experience I have ever witnessed"

About: Queen's Hospital, Burton Upon Trent / Accident and emergency West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

My 75 year old mother had a fall, I happened to be in the house visiting from my home in Hong Kong. She had a suspected neck injury and my mother has terminal Cancer and is in Palliative care.

The 999 Ambulance staff, triage and medical staff in Burton on Trent A&E were superb, it was the fastest, most efficient experience I have ever witnessed in an Accident and emergency department in my whole life.

Response from Gay Vaughan, Corporate Development Officer, Burton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

We are pleased to hear that your experience at Burton Hospital was a pleasant one and that your mother was well cared for.

We have forwarded your message on to the Heads of Department and have requested that they pass this on to the staff in the A&E department.

Response from Regional Head of Patient Experience, West Midlands Ambulance Service

I am sorry to hear of your mother's recent experience and I thank you for your feedback.

Should you wish your comments to be forwarded to the staff members in attendance I would be grateful if you would consider contacting our Patient Experience Team on telephone number 01384 246366 or pals@wmas.nhs.uk