"disappointed in the X ray department"

About: Royal Alexandra Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

Was quite disappointed as an outpatient in the xray department today. I found many of the staff cold & unhelpful to many of the elderly patients. My name was called & immediately the person walked away without waiting to introduce herself or for me to gather my belongings. I was left guessing which direction to go to catch up with her. The radiographer didn't introduce herself, instructed me to stand in front of x ray plate & insisted I stand in a particular way which proved painful & impossible. She asked what was wrong & effectively forced me into position causing extreme pain. I was treated as a non person & feel sorry for any vulnerable patients attending that department. The department was busy, however at no point did staff appear stressed, they seemed disinterested. I hope I don't need to return in future.

Response from Paul Cannon, Head of Administration, Acute Services Division, Greater Glasgow & Clyde NHS

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to provide your feedback.

I am sorry that this posting was not acknowledged at the time, we had a break in our use of Patient Opinion, but we have now resumed doing so, and I thought it was still important to acknowledge your posting.

You raised a number of issues that are of concern and I have passed your comments on to the manager responsible for these services to share your experience with local staff.