"Very good with one reservation."

This was my first visit to the hospital. I came for an X ray. On arrival I was greeted in a polite and friendly way and directed to the radiology area.

My overall experience of the hospital was positive. Parking was simple and everybody else behave with courtesy and efficiency. I did not have to wait too long to be seen and very much appreciated not having to spend several hours receiving the same treatment at the BRI.

There were two people working at the reception desk in the radiology area. One did not look up because she was using her mobile phone, the other one addressed me in a brusque and uninterested way. She did not smile, took my notes and said three words, "date of birth?" before directing me to the waiting room. While waiting I could hear her using this same impolite manner with other patients.

When I left, one of the two radiology receptionists was eating at her desk.

Response from South Bristol Community Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to comment on NHS Choices. We are pleased that your experience was a good one on the whole, and we value your constructive feedback about the reception staff. We will use this as a reminder to all reception staff that they have a very important role in ensuring people have a good experience at South Bristol Community Hospital.