"Caring staff who helped make a worrying time much..."

About: King's College Hospital (Denmark Hill)

My daughter was treated on Lion Ward. The staff were all committed and very professional, but very caring and sympathetic.

The car parking was very expensive, my partner spent over £100 visiting us, maybe if you have a child in the hospital you should get some of this refunded?

Response from Cathy Varley, PALS Manager, King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your positive comments about the staff who cared for your daughter. I am however sorry to hear of the car parking costs incurred by your partner when visiting. Our hospital site is of limited size for expansion of the car park and in our literature for patients and on our external website we seek to provide as much information as possible about costs, the limited number of car parking spaces available and the variety of public transport available. We are not able to routinely offer car parking concessions but in areas such as paediatrics staff are able to ask the security manager responsible for car parking to consider individual circumstances to see what support we may be able to offer. I am sorry that such consideration was unable to be offered to you.

Response from King's College Hospital (Denmark Hill)