"Good care for my shoulder stabilisation"

About: City Hospital campus / Trauma and orthopaedics

Over one year ago I had a sledging accident and I needed an operation so my shoulder would stop dislocating.

Due to my age, I got given my own room on the ward. The nurses were amazing, I got given such great care. I was given a peripheral nerve blocker to numb my arm, and I had the opportunity to watch my own operation being performed which was great. Morphine was administered throughout the night and the night staff were outstanding!

Unfortunately the medicine I was given gave me a bad reaction, and the next day a catheter had to be temporarily fitted; the nurse dealing with me calmed my nerves within seconds. My experience was really good.

Before leaving the hospital I spoke with a physiotherapist, and tomorrow my sling will be removed and physiotherapy will commence.

Response from Jessica Haggett, Patient Experience Officer, Communications, Nottingham University Hospitals Trust

Thank you for taking the time to share details of your recent experience in our care. If you let us know the ward you were on we will pass on your feedback to the relevant members of staff. Wishing you a speedy recovery.