"pleased with care for my fingers from musculoskeletal clinic"

About: Community Health Services / Community physiotherapy St Helens Hospital / Rheumatology

Over the last 9 months I have suffered with fingers and thumb of my R. hand seizing up and not being able to straighten them, especially first thing in morning. Spoke to my G. P who referred me to the musculoskeletal clinic at St. Helens Hospital and spoke to Mickey. He recommended I initially have steroid injections in my R. hand to see how that went before having any future surgery. I had these steroid injections back in October and within 24 hours of having the injections I had no pain and was able to freely move all the digits on my R. hand. I returned for a follow up review with Mickey and my fingers are still ok. Mickey has advised me what to do in the near future should the symptoms re-occur. I am very satisfies with all my care with my finger problems.

Response from Kelly Owen, PALS Officer, Patient Advice Liaison Service, Community Health Services at 5 Boroughs NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Brave296,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such kind comments about the service you received. We greatly value feedback from out patients and I know the staff concerned will be delighted to hear your comments.

Kind regards,