"Excellent"

About: West Mendip Community Hospital

David and i had had a very worrying two days with a very poorly grand daughter.She had a bad case of vomiting and through all our efforts did not seem to be improving.We have five grandchildren and are used to them being ill but this bout was unusual.

We rang the Minor injuries unit on Christmas day early and spoke to a nurse whose name I cannot recall.She was very courteous and reassuring.her advice was very logical and easy to follow.We felt much happier after our conversation and happily later that night Alice did improve

Thank you so much for answering our questions and giving us much needed help.

Sheila and David Coggan

Wells

Nothing.Much better sevice than NHS direct

Response from West Mendip Community Hospital

Dear Mr & Mrs Wells

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience of the MIU dept at the West Mendip Community Hospital, during the Christmas period.

I will share your kind comments with the Manager of MIU Services for the Trust, Janet Thomas, who I am sure will be happy to cascade your experience to the staff involved in helping you with your granddaughter.

May I take this opportunity to wish you all well, and I hope that your granddaughter is well on the way to a full recovery.

With kind regards