"Our experience was one of caring professionalism..."

About: Northampton General Hospital (Acute)

My daughter was admitted to A&E on Friday 30 November with appendicitis. From the time she was brought into a bay in A&E for pain relief her care was of the highest standard. She was examined and checked regularly by the staff in A&E and treatment was administered with sensitivity and compassion. When it was decided that our daughter needed to be operated on the forthcoming intervention was explained in detail by the surgeon and the anaesthetist visited our daughter, again, to explain what would happen. When we eventually saw her go into Theatre we felt she was in very safe hands. The team of surgeons, anaesthetists, nurses, portering staff and staff who delivered meals over the next four days, as well as domestic staff and ancillary workers were never less than courteous and professional. I cannot thank these people enough for their expertise and care of our daughter.

Response from Northampton General Hospital (Acute)

Thank you, that's great to hear - we appreciate you taking the time to let us know. Our very best wishes for a Happy Christmas and New Year to you and your daughter.