"Impressed and grateful to Woman's health unit "

About: Tameside General Hospital / Gynaecology

I would like to thank everyone involved with the enhanced recovery pathway for the outstanding care received for a recent hysterectomy.

From pre op to discharge, the process was organised and straightforward. My consultant Dr Veeravalli explained the procedure well and provided answers to any questions I had, April and another anaesthetist talked me through pain relief and ensured I was ok during procedure. Recovery nurses and nurses on the woman's health unit particularly Carol (night nurse) and Janet (day nurse) made me feel like nothing was too much trouble.

On the whole I'm really impressed and thankful to all staff involved in my care.

Response from John Goodenough, Director of Nursing, Tameside Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

May I take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Tameside Hospital as your hospital of choice for your health care and for providing your positive feedback on the patient opinion website.

I will ensure your comments are made available to the team, who I am sure like me will be delighted.

Many thanks and Kind regards

John Goodenough

Director of Nursing

Would you like to help the hospital to improve its services further? We are currently looking for patients and carers to become involved in a development called “Patient Stories”. We want to know more about our services from the point of view of those who received them – what was good, bad, what could be improved, what should be changed. Want to know more about what’s involved? Please contact John Goodenough, Director of Nursing at

john.goodenough@tgh.nhs.uk