"My nan was left neglected by staff at Good Hope Hospital"

About: Good Hope Hospital

My nan was taken into hospital after having spital on her chest (she had MND so she couldn't swallow) so this had to be professionally removed to enable her to breath clearer. My nan couldn't speak the only way of making communication was by writing in note pads.

We have the note pad which states that she went through neglect, was left in urine for several hours, not been fed at all because none of the nurses were trained to feed through a peg. She explains in the notes that one of the nurses had dropped a monitor on her arm causing a bruise.

She then was discharged back home on Thursday night (having never had the spital removed), and on the Friday morning her breathing was worse. We called the dr out who insisted she was admitted into hospital. She refused and wrote I can't go through all that again.

She passed away a few hours later.

I'm after some answers, I have plenty of time on my hands, and feel that hospitals are getting away with this too often.

Response from Susan Moore, Executive Lead Director, Good Hope Hospital

Dear Anonymous,

I am truely saddened to read about your experience at Good Hope -please contact me if you would like to discuss the issues you have raised in person.

Kind Regards