"The doctor and Staff is a much needed team at..."

About: Central Middlesex Hospital

I first attended the hospital in 2010 and saw a doctor. I had been to see so many other doctors that did not understand my illness. If it was not for my appointment with this doctor, I could have had a stroke or worst! I am now doing well although I still have to take lots of medication but that is a small price to pay to stay alive! I see this doctor every two months although the appointments are so difficult to get as he is the only Rheumatologist Consultant at the hospital.

I don't think there could be any better care. However I'm sure more Rheumatology Consultants at the Hospital will be a major benefit to patients having to waiting for 6 to 9 months for an appointment instead of the 2 to 3 months as requested by the doctor.

The other members of Staff: Specialist Nurse is wonderful and understands my Illness. The nurse is a great support for this doctor. The other nurses that take my bloods, weight and blood pressure are so friendly and helpful.

Response from Central Middlesex Hospital

We were pleased to learn that you have received such good care within the Rheumatology Department. Your kind comments and your feedback in relation to the number of consultants within the department have been passed onto the management team for this area.