"Appauling"

About: Pilgrim Hospital

Ante-natal reception: I have just been trying to get through to speak to someone and I waited 29 mins & 47 seconds before abandoning the call. Last week it was 12 mins 13 seconds which I thought was bad enough. Some may ask why I waited that long and to be honest I wouldn't usuallly be so persistant, however I am awaiting an appointment for a scan which must be done by 4 Jan, hence the urgency.

Absolutely appauling.

JG

Someone should have answered the call.

I am so sorry to read about your experience; you are right; these are not the standards we expect. I have passed this onto the antenatal team and will come back to you when I get feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies - I can fully appreciate your frustration.

Hello again; as promised I have discussed this with the ante-natal clinic administrative staff and they have asked that I pass on their sincere apologies. Our services are currently under review and as part of this we are looking at the phone service currently being provided; which we know, from your experience needs improvement. In particular we are looking at other IT methods and the times our phones are covered in the hope of a much improved service to support the significant increase of phone calls to our teams and particularly during peak times. Thank you again for leaving your feedback; please be assured that it is valuable to us and if you suffer any similar problems then please let us know.

Response from Pilgrim Hospital