"About the Community Physio team from Retford"

About: Bassetlaw / Community therapy Retford Hospital

I have had crohn's disease and have bad inflammation in my joints for many years.

I am having ongoing treatment from the community physio team at Retford Hospital. Before I had treatment I have had to use a frame to walk with when out and a stick when inside the house. Now, after treatment, I am able to walk unaided and feel much better.

The benefits after just a few sessions have been improved mobility almost immediately.

I feel that more GPs and others should be aware of these services, due to my work connections I was able to ask for this service as I previously had knowledge of it, but many others don't. I prefer to have physio than reply on drugs and pills.

I am happy that my quality of life has improved without the need to use drugs.

Response from Jenny Newman, Digital Health Project Manager, Health Partnerships, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Thanks for sharing your experience, it's great to see such positive outcomes. I hope your health continues to improve, and will pass on your comments to the team.

Thanks,

Jenny

Response from Lynda Potter, Hospice Team Leader, Bassetlaw Hospice, Bassetlaw Health Partnership

"Thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback on the Community Therapy Team.

The team are committed to working with patients to enable them to gain the best outcome. I am glad you have had such a good response to your treatment and will pass on your comments to all the staff in the team.

I also note your comment about the need to raise awareness of the service. This is something we are working on, with a new team leaflet being produced."

Lynda