"Very satisfied with the care at the Queens Day..."

About: Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital (Welwyn Garden City)

I attended Queens Day Surgery unit last week,and was very impressed with the care and expertise shown to myself, and also to the other patients. The nursing and medical staff were friendly,helpful,and professional at all times. All grades of nursing staff demonstrated both kindness and efficiency - and as an ex nurse myself this pleased me greatly!

My only criticism is that there was no indication on the appt. letter,or when I checked in at reception,that although it was a 12.30 appt the surgical list did not infact start untill 2pm,and actually my surgery didn't take place until after 4pm. If I had been aware of this beforehand, my husband could have had less waiting around,and I would have taken more reading material!

Response from Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital

Thanks for your feedback, both with regard to the care you got on Queens Wing at the QEII and on how we could imporve the content of our appointment letters. We'll feed your thoughts back to the two teams invovled, but in the meantime we wish you a continued speedy recovery from your surgery.