"Staff and facilities that provided an excellent..."

About: Peterborough City Hospital

We had our baby 6 weeks early so she spent nearly 3 weeks in NICU. The care our baby recieved was excellent and we couldn't fault it. From our first visit we were kept informed of our babys progress and introduced to the department so that we could care for our baby as much as possible. The department did really become a second home for the few weeks as the facilities for parents were excellent including the kitchen, milk storage room, comfy feeding chairs and privacy screens. The staff were excellent in communicating and giving support in many areas especially in helping with breastfeeding which was rather daunting as a first time mum with a premature baby. The thoroughness of the checks and information given before taking our baby home was very helpful including the life support DVD and being able to stay in the hospital for 2 nights. This made the transition to taking her home much easier and less stressful. Followup outreach home and phone checks were great and gave invaluable support.

Nothing

Thankyou to all the staff for all your excellent care and support

Response from Lesley Crosby, Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to send us your lovely comments. I can fully appreciate how busy things can be with a new baby so really appreciate the time you have taken to feedback about your experience.

I will ensure the Maternity Unit and NICU are made aware of your comments.

I would also like to take this opportunity to wish you, your new little girl and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.