"Kindness and understanding."

About: Charing Cross Hospital

I was refused medical treatment at my usual nedical centre despite having being previously registered, the reason being I am registered as 'temporary'. My blood pressure, at the time was 170 over 80 and I was frankly in distress. Despite this, I was told that I could not be seen or treated and advised to go to a walk in clinic at Charring Cross hospital.

I have had a UK address for 25 years. I work out of the uk normally but when I returned home I found myself unable to function normally, for whatever reason.

I could not get the energy to go to the hospital the same day as I had forgotten to bring my medication with me to London.

However, I got a cab next day and went to Charring Cross, where I was registered by a very kind receptionist and seen by a doctor within 30 minutes. All I needed was a prescription for blood pressure subsequently prescribed and dispensed.

Charring Cross hospital was a life safer, in this case and I thank them from the bottom of my heart; thankfully still beating.

I saw notices throughout the neighborhood that there is a danger that this hospital may be closed down. I hope not.