"I felt I was the most important patient in the hospital"

About: County Hospital Louth / Trauma and orthopaedics Lincoln County Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics Lincolnshire Teaching PCT / Community physiotherapy

I visited Louth Hospital A & E complaining of severe pain in my side suspecting that it was a return of pleurisy which I had had some years ago.

I was seen by Dr Ismail who, after examining me very thoroughly sent me for an x-ray of my back, which revealed fractures in my spine. He contacted Lincoln Hospital to make an urgent referral to Mr Lee the orthopaedic consultant.

I received a telephone call the following morning & was admitted the same day. I was kept in for 10 days, had more x-rays & three scans and I was discharged with a brace which has been very supportive.

During my stay in Clayton ward I was made to feel that I was the most important patient in the hospital, as I received outstanding care from all the staff.

I understand that considerable aftercare will be necessary. All this for an 88 year old. Who says the NHS no longer cares?

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us your story - the staff on Clayton ward will be delighted to read your comments.

I am pleased that your treatment went well and hope you are well on the road to recovery.

Thank you again; your feedback is really valuable to us.