"My treatment for Prostate Cancer at East Kent Hospitals "

About: Kent & Canterbury Hospital / General surgery

After the result of a blood test my GP, without my knowledge, made me a hospital appointment in mid October for a check-up, 7 days later I had biopsies taken, then the results were told to me 2 weeks later I was referred for a MRI scan, again within 7 days.

Five days on I had an appointment with Mr Ben Eddy (consultant) for the MRI result. Listening to him gave me total confidence, he spoke in terms my wife and I fully understood, the diagnosis, the future, the options, his experience, his expertise etc. We decided on robotic surgery (look it up on youtube) I choose the earliest date available, 8 days later the prostate was removed, Mr Eddy telephoned my wife to say all went well and I was back in the ward. The following day I was back home. In total I was in Kent & Canterbury Hospital for about 32 hours.

I have nothing but the highest praise for Mr Eddy and his team and the nursing staff in Clarke Ward who were so friendly, confident and professional. The Ward was busy but the staff under Ward Manager Jackie Coates always had time and attention for the patients.

This was my first experience of staying in a NHS Hospital and it was the complete opposite of the bad reports I read in the press.

I would like though thank my GP (Dr Eddie Rossini) for his prompt action and say thank you Kent & Canterbury Hospital, thank you Mr Ben Eddy and team, thank you Clarke Ward and thank you The NHS.

Thank you very much for letting us know how much you appreciated the service from your GP referral through to our urology service at Kent and Canterbury Hospital. I will ensure that staff are aware of your comments, they always appreciate feedback.

I hope you are recovering well.