"confusion over referral and appointment times"

About: Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS) The Princess Royal Hospital (Telford)

Initially I was offered an appointment within a two week period of my GP referral. This appointment was brought forward by a telephone call from the P. R Hospital. On the Saturday prior to my new appointment on the Monday I received written confirmation of my original Time and Date. This was really confusing in as much that I had to telephone the Hospital for confirmation. Once at the Hospital the service and treatment was faultless.

Response from Helen Handy, TRAQS & CAB Co-Ordinator, Telford and Wrekin CCG

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your referral via TRAQS.

I am sorry that you were confused are receiving conflicting information from the hospital. TRAQS send an initial confirmation to the patient once the appointment has been booked. However, any further letters are sent out by the Chosen hospital. This means that on occasion patients do receive 2 letters, especially if the letters have crossed in the post.

I am pleased to hear that you received excellent treatment at the hospital when you attended your appointment.

Response from The Princess Royal Hospital

I am sorry to hear about the confusion. Sometimes the letter for your original appointment will have been generated before we contact you with an earlier date, so I apologise that this can be confusing. In future we would like to book and confirm more appointments using email or text message so that it can be more "real time". It is great to hear that after this confusion the care you received was faultless. All the best.