"Happy with Stafford Hospital, unhappy with TRAQS service"

About: Stafford Hospital Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS)

The staff at Stafford Hospital were very friendly and waiting time was OK.

We were unhappy with the TRAQS service as we never really had a choice of hospitals. We were told that Stafford was available. Our closest hospital is Telford and we were told there was a waiting list, when I asked how long- the TRAQS team were unable to help me. I asked if they could find out and I was told it wasn't possible. I had no choice but to go to Stafford.

As I said earlier no issues with the treatment at Stafford hospital - just very unhappy with the TRAQS service.

Response from Helen Handy, TRAQS & CAB Co-Ordinator, Telford and Wrekin CCG

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your GP referral via TRAQS.

We are very sorry that you felt that the service you were unhappy with the service you received from TRAQS. Unfortunately TRAQS can only offer you available appointments that are released by the hospitals and are unable to advise how long individual waiting lists at individual hospitals are. The hospitals manage their own internal waiting lists and these can range from weeks to months depending upon the speciality and hospital chosen.

We are happy that you had a positive experience at Stafford Hospital even though it was not your first Choice of hospital.

We are a new service providing help and support for the patients registered with GPs within the NHS Telford and Wrekin area when they require a referral to a hospital or community clinic for further treatment.

We value all feedback as it helps us to develop the TRAQS service further.

Response from Head of Patient Experience, Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust

Dear "Isle228",

Thank you for your positive comments about your experience at Stafford hospital. We appreciate that this was not your hospital of choice due to the distance of travel involved.

Kind Regards