"Wonderful Cleckheaton district nurses"

About: Locala Community Partnerships CIC / District nursing

I have now been having the District Nurses from Cleckheaton Health centre visit me at home for 8 weeks almost every day. They are such a fantastic team of community nurses ....all so friendly ...patient ...empathetic ...sensitive and so many more things.

Being in health care myself also makes being on "The other side " so much harder ...but I have received so much support from every nurse that has visited. They really do see the person and not just the "condition /illness /disability " which makes such a difference. They are so incredibly busy and have so much pressure with so many patients to see....but I can honestly say that they never let that affect the care.

They will give that time to just sit and listen when you just need that little bit more.

One thing that sticks out in my mind is something that one of the nurses said to me a few weeks ago when I was talking over my fears etc .....I said " you need to go ...I am sorry I am keeping you ..as I know you're so busy and pushed for time and other people need you " ...she said ...." You are just as important as that next person or the person before and when I am here ...it is you that matters " she may not have thought much about what she said but it really did make me feel like what I was feeling was important to them ....and it wasn't just about having the treatment I needed ...it was about me a person.

I feel very lucky to live where I live and have the Cleckheaton nurses deliver my care. They maintain patient's dignity at all times ....and something that I know from working in health care isn't always easy to do when you are under so much pressure ...and that is bring humor and laughter into what also might be an otherwise stressful, embarrassing and not so good time.....and that really does make it a lot easier ......well done to such a hard working and dedicated team: -)

Response from Gemma Fowler, Integrated Governance Clinical Manager, Locala Community Partnerships

What a lovely posting this is. Thank you on behalf of Locala. Nigel Grimshaw, Service Manager, would like to issue the following response:

"Thank you very much for taking the time to post this feedback on Patient Opinion. Locala is very proud of all its staff and appreciates the hard work and dedication they show on a daily basis. You clearly feel that the Cleckheaton District Nursing service are able to deliver a high level of care, which is great. I have shared your comments with the team who are also very grateful for the recognition. Feedback like yours is valued and used to inform service delivery.