"Excellent"

About: Darent Valley Hospital

This feedback relates to the exceptional care that my father received, who presented in A&E as an emergency case - with difficult to diagnose, general symptoms of confusion, shivering and a high temperature. I am in no doubt that the quick and text book response saved his life as it turned out that he had severe sepsis. I am an healthcare editor that often writes about the high mortality rate of sepsis and failure to identify and treat the condition, so I am aware that every hour counts. The team at A&E did everything right to ensure my father received optimum care, before sepsis was even confirmed. In just 24 hours, I witnessed him go from a poor state to complete recovery as a result of providing the best possible treatment. I would like to thank all those who helped save his life in a dignified, efficient and compassionate manner.

Response from Darent Valley Hospital

It is always lovely to receive compliments but it is especially appreciated when they are from a healthcare editor who is familiar with the medical condition and its treatment.

Thank you so much for your super words regarding our A&E Department. The staff involved in your fathers care have been notified and were delighted to hear that you were both very happy with his treatment.