"Treatment and care staff excellent but general..."

About: William Harvey Hospital

The staff was very caring and, although exceptionally busy, did their utmost to make my mother comfortable and aid her recovery. The after care, following my mother's discharge was also exceptional.

Of the 10 nights my mother spent in hospital as an in-patient, she did not have one night of unbroken sleep - largely due to one disruptive patient. There was no medical reason for this patient to be so abusive (she treated staff and other patients alike) but some strategy must be put in place somehow as this behaviour hindered the recovery of all the other patients on the ward. Nor should the overworked staff be subjected to it.

Response from William Harvey Hospital

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your mother's care at the William Harvey Hospital. I am sorry to read of your concern regarding the interrupted sleep she experienced. I have forwarded your compliments as well as your concern to Matron. If you would like to contact us to discuss your concern further please call Patient Experience Team on 01227 783 145. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Kind Regards