"For any future hospitalisation, Kidderminster..."

About: Kidderminster Hospital

Having had several dreadful hospital experiences with family members - 1 died and 1 brain damaged in an operation - it was with a certain amount of apprehension that I went into Kidderminster Hospital for a relatively minor operation under general anaesthetic. However, from reception up to the surgical team I was impressed with the efficiency, cleanliness and care I received. All the nursing staff were pleasant and friendly and told me what was going on every step of the way. If I needed to go into hospital again I would ask to go to Kidderminster.

A minor thing - having had nothing to eat since the previous evening, and not coming around from the anaesthetic until gone 5 p.m. I was very hungry. I was brought a chicken sandwich which would have been fine except that I had no saliva, presumably from the anaesthetic, and found it extremely difficult to eat and swallow. Maybe a cup of soup would have been better?

Response from Kidderminster Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post the feedback from your recent visit to Kidderminster Hospital, it is with pride that I will share this with the staff who cared for you.

I will change the menu to ensure cuppa soups are available as an alternative to sandwiches post operatively.

Once again, thank you for your comments.

Amanda Moore