"Wrightington Hospital, staff are very helpful and reassuring"

About: Wrightington Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

I recently attended Wrightington hospital for a apptment with a hand surgeon, I have to say that the staff there are very helpfully and reassuring, although there was a short delay in clinic we were kept up to date with announcements from the staff and information written on the board.

We were aloud to take a pager and go for a drink the staff then paged us when the doctor was ready to see us. Very happy with the service great first impression.

Response from Susan Heighway, Patient Relations / PALS Manager , Patient Relations / PALS, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments in respect of your recent visit to Wrightington Hospital. It is always appreciated when someone takes the time to feed back their experience.

Orthopaedic clinics do often have delays due to the nature of them and the pager system is something that we feel is helpful in coping with those delays. We were pleased to note that this was the case. I will ensure that your comments are shared with the Director of Performance for the Division of Specialist Services so he can personally thank the staff in clinic.