"Very good care at Tameside Orthopaedic ward 2"

About: Tameside General Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

I was admitted to Orthopaedic ward 2 of the Tameside General hospital following the collapse of my hip. The standard of care which I received was of the highest quality - the care and patience shown to me by all staff was most impressive. I felt that I was treated with respect and dignity at all times.

Response from Philip Dylak, Director of Nursing, Tameside Hospital Foundation Trust

Thank you so much for taking the time to write in with your comments about ward 2. I was very pleased to read that your experience was so positive and that you found the standard of care at Tameside General Hospital of the highest quality and that you were treated with Dignity and Respect at all times. I will pass on your comments to the ward – staff there will be delighted to read them. As you have not been specific about the staff members involved I cannot pass on your comments directly to them, however. You may like to know that you can nominate staff who have given exceptionally good service for our “Show you care for those who care” or “Above and Beyond” awards. Details of both awards, as well as entry forms, are available on the hospital website and click on “Patient Information”.