"My stay in the Women's Health Unit "

About: Tameside General Hospital / Gynaecology

I feel I have to write to thank all the doctors and staff on the WHU at Tameside Hospital, my Consultant Dr Hanna, the Anaesthetist Dr Kitson, the recovery nurse Zoe and all the staff on the unit.

At every stage of my procedure they were friendly, reassuring, and very professional. The nursing staff on the unit were very busy, yet no questions were too small or silly.

The ward was constantly being cleaned and beds were made and remade with clean sheets every day, the domestic was chatty and clearly enjoyed her work. Overall the atmosphere of ward was cheerful and friendly yet very professional.

I felt I was in very safe hands. I would not hesitate to recommend these staff and this service. Tameside is very lucky to have them.

Response from John Goodenough, Director of Nursing, Tameside Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your positive comments. I will ensure the staff are made aware of the content of your posting.

John Goodenough

Director of Nursing

Would you like to help the hospital to improve its services further? We are currently looking for patients and carers to become involved in a development called “Patient Stories”. We want to know more about our services from the point of view of those who received them – what was good, bad, what could be improved, what should be changed. Want to know more about what’s involved? Please contact John Goodenough, Director of Nursing at