"Appointment for my eyes "

About: Western Infirmary/Gartnavel General / Ophthalmology

I have waited over 7 months for appointment for my eyes for special contacts. got appointment over 8 months ago to attend the gartnavel out patient eye clinic. I took the day off work and went to clinic to be seen and it was the wrong day they gave me the appointment for. Therefore lost day off work and now am worrying because my eye sight is getting worse.

I have not heard from the hospital. I have contacted them with details of this and still not had any appointments sent out

Response from Paul Cannon, Head of Administration, Acute Services Division, Greater Glasgow & Clyde NHS

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to provide your feedback.

I am sorry that this posting was not acknowledged at the time, we had a break in our use of Patient Opinion, but we have now resumed doing so, and I thought it was still important to acknowledge your posting.

You raised a number of issues that are of concern and I have passed your comments on to the manager responsible for these services to share your experience with local staff.

I hope that this has now been resolved, if not and you still have concerns please let me know by emailing your details to complaints@ggc.scot.nhs.uk and we will look into this further for you.