"Mostly good care at Tameside"

About: Tameside General Hospital

I was a patient on ward 43 of the Tameside General hospital for the treatment of kidney pain.

Although I was given courtesy and respect form most staff on the ward this was not always the case. At one point, one member of staff was very obnoxious towards me and this made me feel very angry and upset.

The food was absolutely disgusting - things that should have been hot were, at times, served completely cold.

Response from Philip Dylak, Director of Nursing, Tameside Hospital Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your care on ward 43. Whilst I was pleased to note that most of the staff treated you with courtesy and respect, I am very sorry to learn that on one occasion a member of staff was very obnoxious towards you, which naturally made you angry and upset. In such circumstances, I would always advise patients to speak to the nurse in charge of the ward, and if they remain dissatisfied to ask to speak to the Matron. I will also pass your comments regarding food to the Matron and Catering Department. Currently we are undertaking some work to improve catering services in this area. The hospital website contains more details on how to raise Comments, Concerns, Compliments and Complaints – visit our website - click on “Patient Information”, and follow the links from there.