"I wasn't offered any choice of hospital"

About: Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS)

I was referred by my doctor to a gastrointestinal consultant. I was told by my GP I would have a choice for my consultation.

However, TRAQS offered me only one choice.

When I enquired about alternatives I was told that the only appointments were so far in the future as to be non-viable. So really I cannot exert 'Patient Choice'.

Response from Sharon Clennell, NHS Telford and Wrekin CCG – TRAQS Operations Manager, TRAQS, NHS Telford and Wrekin CCG

Many thanks for your feedback. I must apologise on TRAQS behalf that you feel that you could not exert patient choice.

Unfortunately the TRAQS call handlers can only offer you what appointments are available to you at the time of booking your appointment, it is your choice if you would like to wait longer and be seen at a particular hospital. You should have been offered more than one choice of hospital.

I apologise profusely for that, if you would like to contact me on (01952) 580364 I will be happy to discuss with you alternative providers and their waiting times should you require any assistance.

kind regards,