"Good doctors there but very poor communication."

About: Leicester Royal Infirmary

The initial care was fantastic. The clinic ran to time, I saw the consultant and he was very thorough and knowledgeable. However, after my initial appointment I had things I did not understand so rang to speak to the consultant. I was told I had been discharged and would need to go back to my GP.

After my initial appointment I had things I did not understand so rang to speak to the consultant. I was told I had been discharged and would need to go back to my GP. They had told me what the problem wasn't (ie cancer) but I still had no idea what it was. I felt that I had been pushed off the list as soon as possible.

Response from Leicester Royal Infirmary

I am sorry your experience was not positive. If you feel that you still require answers and your GP cannot answer them please get in touch with the Patient Information Liaison Service on 08081 788337 who will direct your concerns directly to the senior staff in charge of this service. http://www.leicestershospitals.nhs.uk/patients/patient-welfare/patient-information-and-liaison-service/