"I can resume my love of photography thanks to the NHS!"

About: Nottinghamshire County Teaching PCT Queen's Medical Centre / Ophthalmology

I hear lots of complaints about the NHS so I thought it would nice to thank all concerned for the excellent treatment I received.

I took the letter from the optician into my doctors, The Ruddington Medical Centre in mid April and to my amazement I had a telephone call from the Queens Medical Centre the following Monday with an appointment for three weeks later for tests.

It was agreed to carry out the operation on my left eye and three weeks later in June. I had the operation which was a great success. I then went back to the clinic for follow up appointment and it was agreed that the right eye also needed the cataract removing and within five weeks I had a telephone call with an appointment for the next day, which now takes us to mid August.

I had the operation which again was a complete success with a follow up appointment within four weeks.

Within five months I had both operations and I now only need glasses for reading very small print in low light and I can resume my hobby of photography - seeing life with new vibrant colours. Thank You.

Response from Jessica Haggett, Patient Experience Officer, Communications, Nottingham University Hospitals Trust

Thank you for taking the time to post such kind words. We will ensure that your comments are shared with the relevant staff.