"Gaining insight into my cannabis addiction"

About: Addiction Dependency Solutions

I was referred by my GP to Trafford Drug Services Team (454 Chester Rd). Weekly one-to-one with key worker.

My key worker was the best part - she was/is excellent. Analysis of drug use including keeping a drugs diary helped immensely and helped me both monitor and record my drug use. It helped me consciously think about my habit.

She also referred me to an 'Intuitive Recovery' programme. This gave me an insight into my drug addiction but I feel a more cohesive peer-to-peer interaction would have been effected by having substance-specific sessions.

I was in a programme with opiate addicts and often it was difficult to relate because the nature of addiction and the paths our addictions took us was completely alien to one another.

I think IR is a very good programme though and I took some benefits.

Response from Anthony Mcleod, Cheshire And Wirral Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your story/comment on Patient Opinion. We are grateful that you have taken the time to share your experience with us at Trafford Drug Service. Cheshire and Wirral Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and ADS take service user opinions seriously and allows us to learn how we can improve our services in the future.

Your views will be shared with the staff and managers of the service to assist them in making the service an even better place to be treated.

If you would like to discuss your comments further, please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0800 195 4462. “

I wish you well with your recovery

Tony